1 February 2019
Best Places to Propose in Italy
Find out the top spots to pop the question in the very best locations in Italy
If you are reading this article, you probably already know that Italy is the best place to propose. But with so many romantic spots to choose from, we knew you needed some help from the professionals. We rounded up the 23 best places to propose in Italy, some obvious ones and some secret spots. And to make things even easier for you, and we have listed them by location. So let’s cut to the chase!
BEST PLACES TO PROPOSE IN ITALY #1: VENICE
Need we say more? No other town in the world is as romantic as Venice. Here are our top 3 spots to pop the question.
- Rialto Bridge at sunset overlooking the Gran Canal.
- The tower of San Giorgio Maggiore with spectacular views over St. Mark’s Square. The best kept secret in town.
- A gondola ride under the Bridge of Sighs. It is believed that if lovers kiss under this bridge at sunset they will have eternal happiness!
Check out some of our recommended Venice proposal package venues.
RIALTO BRIDGE & THE GRAN CANAL – VENICE
TOWER OF SAN GIORGIO MAGGIORE – VENICE
BRIDGE OF SIGHS – VENICE
BEST PLACES TO PROPOSE IN ITALY #2: THE ITALIAN RIVIERA
Set between the verdant mountains and the blue waters of the Mediterranean Sea, with its spectacular coastline, secluded bays, and charming villages, the Italian Riviera is certainly at the top of our list of best places to propose in Italy.
- The gardens of Castello Brown overlooking the Bay of Portofino. It is a 15 minutes walk uphill but the views are worth every minute!
- The spectacular Love Walk between the villages of Manarola and Rio Maggiore in the Cinque Terre.
- On the promenade of the charming village of Porto Venre in the Gulf of Poets.
- On the secluded beach of San Fruttuoso Abbey, reachable only by boat.
Check out some of our recommended Italian Riviera proposal package venues.
CASTELLO BROWN – PORTOFINO
LOVE WALK – CINQUE TERRE
PORTO VENERE – GULF OF POETS
SAN FRUTTUOSO BEACH – CAMOGLI
BEST PLACES TO PROPOSE IN ITALY #3: FLORENCE
If you are looking for amazing landscapes, great wines, art, elegance and a more relaxed atmosphere, then Florence and Tuscany are perfect for you.
- In one of the manicured gardens on the hills of Florence with the town’s skyline as your backdrop. The Rose Garden, The Boboli Gardens and The Bardini Gardens are our favourites, the choice is yours!
- Ponte Vecchio at sunset admiring the beautiful buildings on the river banks.
- Immersed in the Tuscan countryside, with its gentle hills, vineyards, olive groves and castled villages.
Check out some of our recommended Florence proposal package venues.
FLORENCE SKYLINE FROM ROSE GARDEN, BOBOLI GARDENS, BARDINI GARDENS
PONTE VECCHIO – FLORENCE
THE TUSCAN COUNTRYSIDE
BEST PLACES TO PROPOSE IN ITALY #4: THE AMALFI COAST & CAPRI
With its spectacular coastline its colourful fishing villages, the Amalfi Coast is the perfect setting for the most romantic of proposal. Here are our favourite spots.
- Positano beach at sunset.
- The Italian Gardens of Ravello with breath taking views over the coastline.
- On a boat ride to Capri’s Faraglioni or the famous Blue Grotto.
- The panoramic terrace of Villa Lysis in Capri.
Check out some of our recommended Amalfi Coast proposal package venues.
GARDENS OF RAVELLO
THE BLUE GROTTO AND THE FARAGLIONI – CAPRI
VILLA LYSIS – CAPRI
BEST PLACES TO PROPOSE IN ITALY #5: ROME
The eternal city, with all its amazing sights and its enchanted aura, could not be off our list.
- On Ponte Sant’Angelo at sunset after a romantic stroll on the Tevere river banks.
- In front of the Colosseum with it’s majestic walls as your backdrop
- In the Orange Gardens with Rome skyline below you after a peak to the most famous keyhole in the world.
- Making a wish at the Trevi Fountain.
Check out some of our recommended Rome proposal package venues.
PONTE SANT’ANGELO – ROME
THE COLOSSEUM – ROME
THE ORANGE GARDENS – ROME
TREVI FOUNTAIN – ROME
BEST PLACES TO PROPOSE IN ITALY #6: ITALIAN LAKES
Last but not least, Lake Como & Lake Garda. Quite like no other place in the world, the Italian lakes are synonymous with romance. The spectacular lakeshore, with its colourful villages, aristocratic villas and manicured gardens. The choice is virtually endless. Here is our top 5:
- The Italian gardens of Garda Island, Lake Garda,
- The lakeshore gardens of the world renowned Villa del Balbianello, in Tremezzina, Lake Como.
- The panoramic terrace of the ancient Castle of Malcesine, Lake Garda.
- During a romantic stroll on Bellagio Promenade at sunset, Lake Como.
- The lakeshore gardens of Villa Monastero, in Varenna, Lake Como.
Check out some of our recommended Lake Como proposal package venues.
GARDA ISLAND – LAKE GARDA
VILLA DEL BALBIANELLO – LAKE COMO
MALCESINE CASTLE – LAKE GARDA
BELLAGIO PROMENADE – LAKE COMO
VILLA MONASTERO – LAKE COMO
Main Photo by Karsten Würth